What is Agile?
Agile is an iterative approach to any software project that builds the final product incrementally in steps, instead of delivering it all at once. The project is broken into small bits of user functionality or features, prioritising them, working on each at a time and finally delivering them continuously in a short time cycles called iterations.
The agile approach encompasses four core values..
- More team interactions over the ongoing processes and tools
- It focuses on working software and rules out comprehensive documentation
- It emphasizes on client collaboration and not contract negotiation
- it is more responsive and open to changes
The idea of agile methodology was mainly conceived to solve the problems involved in waterfall methods. Agile web design begins with a simple design rather than sequencing the process. Number of features or elements are identified and then each element gets completed in increments. The design and development team evaluates the project’s goals and priorities at the end of each increment. Now, this approach is extremely helpful since the flaws can be easily identified and fixed based on the customer feedback on the go.
SCRUM is an agile development method that proposes to manage tasks within a team based development environment. At Arcweb SMAC india, our team uses scrum as our agile approach to a project.
Our approach to Scrum consists of the following three roles, and their responsibilities are as follows:
- There is a Scrum Master who takes in charge of the process. His job is to set up the team, arrange sprint meeting and remove hindrances to the process.
- There is a Product owner who creates product backlog, prioritizes the backlog and is responsible for the delivery of the functionality at each iteration
- Our Scrum Team manages and organizes the task to complete the sprint or cycle.
What is Product Backlog?
This is basically a detailed list of all the identified requirements in a project. The requirements are prioritised by the scrum master and it is distributed among the team members. Product backlog is always tracked to get an idea of the no of requirements to be completed for each release. New requirements can be added or the old ones can be modified on request made by the team.
Order number: 301211971